Can you contain your frenzied excitement any longer? Yes, it’s nearly Valentine’s day, a day that seemed extremely important when I was a teen and spent most of my Valentine’s days in my bedroom listening to Alanis Morissette on repeat. Luckily, those days are gone (how bad was her last album, amirite?), and now that I’m past the age of pining and teenage heartbreak, it just seems so naff. The commercialisation of every holiday gets worse each year, but Valentine’s day now sends a particularly sour message – spend money in order to be loved.
I’m not anti-romance by any means, but I prefer to express (and receive) love through food, especially of the home-made variety. As ever. So with that in mind, this is my Valentine’s gift to you, free of charge. A list of 10 lovely Valentine’s recipes that are gluten-free and high on the romance factor. Make them for your sweetheart, or print this page out and leave it passive aggressively on their pillow. Whatever works for you.
1. Rose Florentines (Wuthering Bites)
2. Dark Chocolate Dipped Ginger Biscuits (Natural Kitchen Adventures)
3. Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (Thoroughly Nourished Life)
4. Chocolate Covered Cherries (Elana’s Pantry)
5. Chocolate Valentine Rose Cake (Gluten Free Canteen)
6. Chocolate Mousse and Raspberry Tart (Canelle et Vanille)
*Update* This calls for 625 grams flour, not (as I originally thought) 62g GRAM flour. Still, if you substitute a good GF flour blend, it should work just as well.
8. Raspberry Meringue Sandwiches with Whipped Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling (Baking a Moment)
9. Nākd Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes (Wallflower Girl)
10. Pomosa recipe (Simply Gluten Free)