[notification type=”notification_info” ]This guest post was an entry for the £50 Sainsbury’s Voucher competition held during January 2013.[/notification]
Using lean steak mince you’re getting a good hit of protein, the organic butter gives you a dose of healthy fats and avoiding rice and grains makes this dinner low carb as well as delicious. The ‘rice’ is great, because it makes you feel like you’re fixing on carbs but with none of the negatives that go with it – eat as much as you like!
Baked meatballs with cauliflower and broccoli 'rice'
By January 20, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
Go low-carb with this paleo-friendly, gluten-free recipe.
- 500 g lean steak mince
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head broccoli
- 4 mushrooms
- knob butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Finely dice the red onion, then add to a bowl with the mince, curry powder, chilli flakes and crushed garlic
- Mix well and shape into balls (golf ball sized)
- Place balls on a baking sheet and pop in the oven for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, chop the heads from the brocolli and cauliflower and blend to form a rice consistency
- Add the crushed garlic and butter to a pan and heat until melted
- Add the mushrooms and fry for approximately 1-2 minutes
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli and stir fry for approximately 3-4 minutes - the purpose is more to heat than to 'cook', so it has a nice texture
- Serve together and enjoy!
Leave a Reply