[notification type=”notification_info” ]This guest post was an entry for the £50 Sainsbury’s Voucher competition held during January 2013.[/notification]
This beautiful slow-cooker version of a French classic is perfect for the cooler months, when you want to cuddle up by the fire and drink red wine with dinner. The only gluten-free modification is the use of gluten-free flour, and be sure to check the brand of stock cubes you use, as these can sometimes contain gluten.
Gluten-free Slow-cooked Boeuf Bourguignon
By January 20, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
A gluten-free, slow-cooker take on a classic French dish.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 kg lean stewing steak cubed
- 100 g lean bacon chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Gluten-free plain white flour e.g. Dove's Farm
- 150 ml Sainsbury's red burgundy wine
- 450 ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp Sainsbury's french brandy
- pinch dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 6 small red onions peeled and quartered
- 6 medium mushrooms quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn slow cooker to high for 20 minutes.
- Lightly brown beef and bacon in oil and place in cooker.
- Lightly fry garlic, onions and mushrooms.
- Add flour and stir well to cover.
- Add wine, stock, brandy, thyme and bay leaf, stirring to thicken sauce.
- Bring to boil, and season to taste.
- Add to beef and bacon in cooker.
- Cook on High for 30 minutes and then on Low for 6 hours.
- Serve with rice, carrots and broccoli.
[…] Jean with her Boeuf Bourguignon […]