[notification type=”notification_info” ]This guest post was an entry for the £50 Sainsbury’s Voucher competition held during January 2013.[/notification]
These vegetable patties are vegan, gluten-free, and very healthy.
Oriental Bean & Vegetable Patties
By January 21, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
Vegan and gluten-free, these bean and vegetable patties are healthy and cheap.
- 1 can butter beans 400g
- 2 medium carrots peeled and grated
- 4 Savoy cabbage leaves
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Doves Farm plain GF flour plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- rocket leaves to serve
- 1 tbsp cashews to serve
- dipping sauce to serve
- Empty the contents of the tin of butter beans into a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil then simmer for a couple of minutes. Allow to cool a bit.
- Meanwhile shred the cabbage and squeeze the excess water out of the grated carrot.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Place the sesame & cumin seeds, cabbage & carrots in the pan. Cook for a few minutes on a medium to high heat then season and splash in the soy sauce. Cook for another few minutes, then remove from the heat and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Place the carrot mixture & drained butter beans into a food processor and blend.
- Add the flour and blend again. Turn the patty mixture onto a floured surface, divide into four and shape into round patties. Dust with flour.
- Wipe out the frying pan with a piece of kitchen towel then heat a little oil in it on a medium to high heat.
- Fry the patties for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with a rocket & cashew nut salad & a gluten free dipping sauce of your choice.